Keto Broccoli Casserole
So many diets come and go with only a small percentage of the population jumping onboard. One diet that has kept afloat through the past couple of years is the keto diet. Many people have seen great results with following a strict keto diet. The recipes are full of all those things normal dieters tend to leave out, but keto does not turn its back on fats and protein. In fact, most meals are strictly cheese and meat. This recipe provides all the macros you need to follow a keto plan. This is a simple twist to the original broccoli casserole dish and could be made several different ways by adding more bacon or even switching out the type of cream used in the recipe. Even the cheese can be altered to your favorite cheese. Enjoy this dish with friends and family, and inspire them to try keto!
▪ 1/2 cup raw bacon (about 4-6 slices), chopped into small pieces (optional)
▪ 1 tablespoon butter
▪ 5 cloves garlic, minced or crushed
▪ 3 cups broccoli florets
▪ 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
▪ salt and pepper to taste
▪ 1 cup heavy cream or light cream
▪ 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
▪ 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F. In a large pan over medium-high heat, cook chopped bacon for 2-3 minutes or until almost crispy.
- Remove bacon from pan, and to the same pan, add the butter, garlic, broccoli, garlic powder and a dash of salt and pepper. Sauté for 2-3 minutes or until the garlic is fragrant. Add the heavy cream, cheese and cooked bacon.
- Transfer to pre-heated oven and cook for 12-15 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly. Serve.